Friday, April 6, 2012

Confessions of a Beauty Junkie

A few of you have been asking me about the products I use to take care of myself. I confess, I'm a total beauty junkie, hence my line of work. I've always been heavily into makeup, nail polish and really creamy moisturizers - given my severely dehydrated skin. I get to try out a lot of products because of what I do, but I'm a really faithful customer: usually when I like a brand, I get hooked and have a long and prosperous marriage with it. 

I will include every week a review of a couple of products on the blog, since, what's fashion without beauty, right? This will be products that I've REALLY tried and seen work, I value a lot my opinion and expertise and will not promote anything for the hell of it, I owe nothing to anyone (thank God)

I see women on a daily basis that spend fortunes on bags and shoes, only to tell me they use beauty products from the supermarket. To me, that's just plain insanity. I mean, you'll have your face ALL your life, so it's the first thing that you should prioritize to invest on. It's true, you can find a few real bargains that work like magic, but usually that's not the case, I'm afraid to say. 

Well, let's get started! For this week: two of my basics: Lash Transform by Keratin Complex and Mousse de Beaute by Carita.

Algunos de ustedes me han estado preguntando acerca de mis productos de cuidado. Lo confieso, soy una adicta a la belleza, de ahí mi trabajo. Siempre he estado muy metida en maquillaje, lacas de uñas y cremas muy untosas - me flipan porque tengo la piel muy deshidratada. Debido a lo que hago tengo la oportunidad de probar muchas marcas, pero soy una clienta fiel: cuando me gusta una marca, me caso con ella y el matrimonio suele ser largo y duradero.

Incluiré todas las semanas un par de productos en el blog, ya que para mi no hay moda sin belleza. Estos productos serán los que REALMENTE he probado y se que funcionen. Valoro mucho mi opinión y experiencia, así que no voy a promover algo porque sí, no debo nada a nadie (gracias a Dios).

Veo mujeres a diario que gastan fortunas en zapatos y bolsos mientras me dicen que usan productos del supermercado. Para mi, es un poco locura. Tendrás tu rostro TODA tu vida, así que es lo primero que debes priorizar a la hora de invertir. Es cierto, puedes encontrar alguna que otra ganga que funcione bien, pero no suele ser el caso, me duele decir.

Pues nada, ¡a ello! Para esta semana, dos de mis básicos: Lash Transform de Keratin Complex y Mousse de Beaute de Carita. 

Lash Transform is an amplifying serum for your lashes to increase the speed of the growing phase and strengthen them so they won't fall out. Thanks to its keratin based technology, you will notice fuller and longer lashes within 3-4 weeks. Its indicated for eyebrows as well, to fill any gap or make them thicker. I'm on my second bottle and I can honestly tell you: it works like a charm. I got a little desperate at first, since you do not notice a lot the first couple of weeks. But then by the third, boom, I got the pleasant surprise that my lashes looked so much longer and that it took half the time to apply mascara. I abuse a lot my poor lashes: double and triple mascara coats, sloppy and hard cleansing and rubbing my eyes a lot with my allergies. So to me it's really important to strengthen my lashes to stop breakage, and I have. 

Tips: You have to be consistent. Day and night, no negotiation. It's actually a liquid not a serum, so when you put it on it takes time to dry. Apply it as soon as you wash your face and before anything else and wait at least five minutes before moisturizing. I usually go do something else and leave my face for last. Oh, and apply also right underneath the lashes, not just on top, and make sure that your lashes are REALLY clean (I mess up on this sometimes). 

Price: 39,90€


Lash Transform es un serum amplificador de las pestañas que aumenta la velocidad de la fase de crecimiento y las fortalece para evitar su caída. Gracias a su tecnología basada en keratina, notarás pestañas mas tupidas y largas en 3-4 semanas. También está indicado para repoblar las cejas. Voy por mi segundo bote y puedo decir que funciona como un tiro. Me desesperé un poco al principio, ya que no notas mucha diferencia en las primeras semanas. Pero a la tercera, zass, me topé con la sorpresa de que mis pestañas se veían mucho más largas y que me tomaba la mitad del tiempo ponerles máscara. No lo niego: abuso mucho de mis pobres pestañas: dos y tres capas de máscara, limpieza descuidada y poco sutil y mucho estrujar mis ojos por alergias. Así que para mi es fundamental que estén fuertes para retrasar su caída, y eso he logrado.

Tips: Hay que ser constante. Día y noche, no negociable. Realmente es un líquido, no un serum, así que cuando lo pones toma un tiempo en secar. Aplícalo según sales de la ducha o te lavas la cara y antes de cualquier otra cosa. Espera al menos cinco minutos antes de poner crema. Yo suelo irme a hacer otra cosa y dejo mi cara para el final. Oh, y aplica también por debajo de las pestañas, muy pegado al crecimiento y no solo por encima. Asegúrate de que tus pestañas están muy limpias y sin residuos de máscara (ahí suelo fallar a veces). 

Precio: 39,90€

Mousse de Beaute by Carita. There are cleansers, and then there's this wonderful mousse. Carita is one of the brands that's currently my "husband" and you will see a few of their products throughout the blog. This product is a gentle cleanser, technically indicated for mature skin but perfect for anyone over 30. I can't stop marveling over the smooth lather and micro-grains that leave your skin perfectly clean. Like I mentioned, I have heavily dehydrated skin and should not be using anything foamy that rinses off with water, ideally I should stick to cleansing milks. However, I simply CANNOT get up in the morning and not splash my face to stop the crankiness from having to wake up (I am not a morning person, I confess). So this product does the trick: it does not leave my face tense and tight, like most cleansers do. 

Tips: Very little product is enough, it's so foamy! You won't need more, so even though it's a pricey cleanser, it will last at least six months in my experience, so in the end it's worth it. Don't be afraid to use with heavy make up: I've gotten all of it out just with this product. Maybe you will need a little biphasic eye makeup remover if you're heavy on mascara like me. And when you think that you've finished the bottle, cut it in half: there's a lot of product stuck and you get a few more weeks! 

Price: 49€

Mousse de Beaute de Carita. Hay limpiadoras... y luego está esta increíble mousse. Carita es una de las marcas de las que mencioné anteriormente (mis esposos) y seguro verán alguno más de sus productos en mi blog. Es una limpiadora suave, indicado en teoría para pieles maduras pero ideal para cualquiera por encima de los 30 años. No puedo dejar de maravillarme por su espuma untuosa y sus micro-gránulos que dejan tu piel perfectamente limpia. Como mencioné antes, tengo la piel muy deshidratada y no debería usar nada espumoso que se aclare con agua, idealmente debería usar leches limpiadoras. Sin embargo, no puedo concebir las mañanas sin mojarme a tope el rostro para quitarme la mala leche de despertarme (no soy una persona mañanera, lo confieso). Así que este producto es perfecto: no me deja el rostro tenso y tirante, como la mayoría de las limpiadoras.

Tips: Con muy poco producto es suficiente, hace mucha espuma. No necesitarás más, así que a pesar de que es un poco costoso, te durará al menos seis meses en mi experiencia, así que vale la pena. No tengas miedo de usarlo si vas muy maquillada: me he podido quitar todo solo con este producto. Igual necesitas un poco de removedor bifásico si eres exagerada con la máscara de pestañas como yo. Y cuando pienses que has terminado el bote, córtalo a la mitad: hay un montón de producto que se queda pegado y tendrás unas semanas más para usar. 

Precio: 49€

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mel! I love carita so I will definitely be giving this mousse a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling ya, it's wonderful! I also own the cleansing milk, but this is SOOO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¿Dónde se puede comprar en Madrid? ¿Alguna tienda física?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, they make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...